‘Colorado’s Favorite Playground’ puts fun on the menu for vacationers
Have you heard the latest from the Winter Park & Fraser Chamber? Here’s information on what’s new to do, where to nosh, and which events to attend in Colorado’s Favorite Playground. To learn more and book lodging visit www.playwinterpark.com.
It is always exciting to try something new on vacation, and Winter Park has lots of options.
- Summer Tubing. Traditionally a wintertime activity, Snow Mountain Ranch has transformed snow tubing into a four-season sport by offering a Snowflex® tubing slope. This is only the third tubing hill of its kind in the U.S., and the first ever in Colorado. The experience is complete with misters that help keep visitors cool.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites. Every room features breathtaking mountain views, a mini-fridge and microwave. A select few rooms offer sleeper sofas, a private bedroom with a separate living area and balconies. The hotel also features an indoor pool/spa, outdoor fire-pit and free continental breakfast.
- Vasquez Creek Inn. Conveniently located in the heart of Winter Park, this new inn is within walking distance to shops, Hideaway Park, restaurants, entertainment and is on the shuttle line to nearby Winter Park Resort.
- High Lonesome Lodge & Barn, Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa. Devil’s Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa recently opened the new High Lonesome Lodge, Barn, Pavilion and Wine Grotto. The new 50,000-square-foot lodge and adjoining facilities enable the ranch to accommodate and host up to 350 guests at any one time.
Dining & Nightlife
With over 60 restaurants, Winter Park has an exceptional variety of dining establishments. From relaxing and romantic dinner to family-friendly and fast, it’s all on the menu in Winter Park. Three new restaurants have recently opened in Winter Park.
- Volario’s is a new bistro-style restaurant that sits on the main floor of the new Vasquez Creek Inn. It offers a made-from-scratch menu of pizzas, pastas, cheeses, charcuterie and other European-influenced dishes.
- DaVinci’s, a new restaurant serving modern European cuisine, has a beautiful patio to take advantage of the Colorado weather with alfresco dining.
- Lunch Rock is Winter Park Resort’s new 16,000-square-foot café that sits at 11,000 feet in elevation atop the Mary Jane mountain. The restaurant serves high craft beer and food, perfect for refueling while hiking and biking.
- Hideaway Park Brewery and Basement at Strip & Tail are two new places to grab a drink after a day exploring in Winter Park.
Cold winter weather has vacationers dreaming of summer vacations! Summer is festival frenzy season in Winter Park, which hosts an event nearly every weekend during the warm-weather months. Here are the dates for a handful of the signature summer celebrations. Winter Park’s complete events calendar includes all events and details.
- June 27-28 Blues from the Top: This funk fest was voted “Best Blues Festival” by the members of the Colorado Blues Society! See the music lineup at www.gradnblues.org.
- July 4 Rendezvous Run for Independence: Five-mile fun run/walk event traces the Fraser River Trail from Winter Park Resort to Rendezvous in Fraser.
- July 11 Mountain Bike Capital USATM Weekend & Winter Park Uncorked: This event features a Winter Park Resort cross-country mountain bike series race through Rendezvous, wine tasting, live music and a mountain bike skills camp for all abilities men and women lead by Colleen Cannon from Women’s Quest.
- July 18 Winter Park Jazz Festival: Enjoy some of the best jazz acts in the country at this event that is in its 31st year.
- August 1 SolShine Music Festival: Leftover Salmon returns to play at Hideaway Park, one of the most scenic mountain venues.
- August 8 Winter Park Beer Festival: It doesn’t get much better than beer sampling, live music and crisp, Colorado air with views of the Continental Divide and ski area.
- August 15 Winter Park Music Festival: This is a free festival that features amazing rock acts each year!
The Winter Park & Fraser Chamber is a non-profit Colorado corporation created to help further and maintain responsible growth in the Winter Park-Fraser Valley area, located in the Rocky Mountains just 65 miles west of Denver.Contact Us
Need more information or photos? Want to plan a media visit to Winter Park? We can help! Contact Gaylene Ore, Ore Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Diane Ehlert, Winter Park & Fraser Chamber, at email@example.com